HeadStart on a Home is Saskatchewan's largest economic initiative to address entry-level housing in the last decade.
The Program's goal is to construct at least 1,500 units by the end of 2016.
Construction financing is available for builders of entry-level homes:
- Loaned at fixed rate of 4%
- Minimum 10% equity requirement
- No pre-sales required
- Minimum 75% of homes must be owner-occupied
- Units must have a target price at or below the average MLS sale price in area
Each project will be assessed on the following criteria:
- Capacity, experience and expertise of the Developer/Builder
- Overall feasibility of the project
- Municipality engagement
- Sales strategy to entry-level purchasers
- Needs assessment of the Municipality
For resources on HeadStart on a Home, click here.
Builders and Developers, click here to contact us for more information.